Approved by the Palestine National Council at the 12th Session, 8th June 1974
1. The assertion of the PLO position regarding Resolution 242 is that it obliterates the patriotic and national rights of our people and deals with our people’s cause as a refugee problem. Therefore, dealing with this resolution on this basis is rejected at any level of Arab and international dealings including the Geneva conference.
2. The PLO will struggle by every means, the foremost of which is armed struggle, to liberate Palestinian land and to establish the people’s national, independent and fighting authority on every part of Palestinian land to be liberated. This requires more changes in the balance of power in favour of our people and their struggle.
3. The PLO will struggle against any plan for the establishment of a Palestinian entity the price of which is recognition, conciliation, secure borders, renunciation of the national right, and our people’s deprivation of their right to return and the right to determine their fate on the national soil.
4. Any liberation step that is achieved constitutes a step for continuing (the efforts) to achieve the PLO strategy for, the establishment of the Palestinian democratic state that is stipulated in the resolution of the previous councils.
5. The PLO will struggle with the Jordanian national forces for the establishment of a Jordanian-Palestinian national front whose aim is the establishment of a national democratic government in Jordan – a government that will cohere with the Palestinian entity to be established as a result of the struggle.
6. The PLO will strive to establish a unity of struggle between the two peoples and among all the Arab liberation movement forces that agree on this program.
7. In the light of this program the PLO will struggle to strengthen national unity and to elevate it to a level that will enable it to carry out its duties and its patriotic and national tasks.
8. The Palestinian national authority, after its establishment, will struggle for the unity of the confrontation states for the sake of completing the liberation of all Palestinian soil and as a step on the path of comprehensive Arab unity.
9. The PLO will struggle to strengthen its solidarity with the socialist countries and the world forces of liberation and progress to foil all the Zionist, reactionary and imperialist schemes.
10. In the light of this program the revolution Command will work out the tactics that serve and lead to the achievement of these aims.
The Executive Committee is mandated to call a special session of the Palestine National Council should a fateful situation concerning the future of the Palestinian people arise.